Wednesday, August 31, 2011

He lives!

Yes folks, DFZ is alive and well.... Well....surviving.

Last few months have been what I call a returning experience. It seems history is always intent on repeating itself and more importantly, try as one might, your destiny will always be there waiting for you, regardless of the path you choose..

I've been pretty down and depressed (nothing new there), and spending allot of time in solitude and contemplation. Looking back on things, I've returned to the same old realizations and thoughts that I had many years ago... Nothing changed, I simply tried to ignore them and try to act as if they could be overcome.

I turned 29 last month, and it was a fairly eye opening birthday to say the least (one spent alone surprisingly enough). Looking back over the years I see the same old thing, the same straying of the path, denial, and irresponsibility to do what must be done...

I've wasted allot of time and energy amongst failures during those years, but by doing so, I've found myself in a wiser frame of mind. One can only know what must be done, after they have spent time understanding what is they should be doing.

What does this all mean? Well, I'm not vat liberty to say.. Only foolish people go around talking of things that might not occur or might not transcend, and I've spent enough time over the years acting foolishly...

On the topic of 2035, I'm happy to say that within the next few days all recording will be done, and a few more days the mixing for this tracks shall be done. After 10 days to two weeks, I'll have finished the mastering for it hopefully (rushing the mastering process is a great way to ruin all the hard work done during mixing..), and basically after years and years of studying, working, writing, blah blah, it shall be completed.

It's been a strange feeling knowing that weight will be lifted off my shoulders... And that after all that time of dreaming and thinking, it will actually come to be...

Now don't get too excited.. The music is now more or less done, but there still remains a fair amount of work still be to be done. For one thing the graphic novel.. Which I think I will release In parts as a comic. This gives me the chance to make use of the online comic stores that are commonly used on iPads n such.

So.. When is this crazed fool going to release this fabled work for us to absorb? In short, not this year.

Yes you read that right, not this year.

2011 has been a fucking horrible year. The amount of horrible, nasty, unfortunate, and shitty things that could happen has been overwhelming.... And not just for me, but for many. So I don't think I should jinx my years of hard work by releasing my works in the year that so much god awfulness has occurred....

I'm thinking early 2012. That why I still have plenty of time to put together the novel, the promotions, pr, press releases, photos, merchandise, cups of tea (kidding), and so forth.

I mean it's September now, before you know it it'll be christmas, and then before you know, January.

I do intend to release snippets of things here and there though, to keep your appetites wet. So hang I'm there, and keep listening.

Peace n much love,

DFZ

2 comments:

Zee said...

Waiting for it :D it'll be great :D

Dreamfullofzen said...

Thanks, the waits almost over... Perhaps.. Lol