Sunday, March 6, 2011

Post – Revolution Blues

Hey All.

Sorry for not keeping this blog that up to date, but I find it hard to find something worthy to write that would grab a persons interest, and be worth taking 5-10 minutes out of their lives for…

 

Things are kinda “Funky” at the moment, and I find myself (for probably the 3rd or 4th time in my life) at a crossroads… We all know the paths that lead the way are many, but after years of walking said path, I am finding that it leads to nowhere, to nothing, and alas, find that I cannot walk to nothing anymore…

2035 is coming along very well, much better then I was thinking, in terms of “consistency” and coherence, since I’ve not done a whole project of this stature before.. Very heavy, very middle eastern, very raw, and very cool….

For those of you who aren’t aware of the idea, 2035 is a concept album based around a story / idea I had years ago (2004-2005) and left aside. I wrote the first chapter into a movie script, and left it at that, and said eventually I’d come and write the second part. So instead of writing another movie script, I decided to make a graphic novel. And as such 2035 will be a graphic novel + album kind of thing. I had this idea quite awhile back, but Llexi of “Eternal Descent” beat me to the punch.

After knowing about E.D I was contemplating just forgetting the idea, but after speaking to Llexi briefly on youtube, He was quite supportive of the idea, and I didn’t feel like my project was similar enough to his to not want to move forward with it. Just goes to show: if you have a good idea, go with it now… never know who is going to have, or has already had, the same good idea…

Ultimately I have realistic hopes for 2035, seeing as the music industry is now officially dead & buried (or I should say a zombie), albums do not sell beyond their current fanbase, and my fanbase is not entirely large, and is based in countries where buying a record and not downloading it is a bizarre concept…

My hopes lie in the that the graphic novel will catch a larger audience, mixed with the more “raw" sound of this project, compared to my more somber and atmospheric efforts.

My job at AUC has been heavily affected by many changes, some created by individuals, and more obviously, the revolution. Whatever future I thought I had there, seems to be made redundant, and I feel that my time there has more or less run it’s course. As much as I’ve enjoyed my time there, I don’t think I can continue onwards with the things that are going on, in front, and of course, behind the scenes….

Fortunately, there is other work for individuals like myself, in our respective careers, and I can step away from the ugly world of academia (trust me, I’ve seen some things I would not expect from “learned” people…) and back into the world of music production. I’ll be announcing things more formerly when they’re all taken care of.

So that’s it for now, stay tuned, as you can probably tell from this blog post, alot has changed, and there are more changes to come, I’ll be keeping you all up to date, as soon as I find some clarity…

peace n much love,

 

DFZ

No comments: