Sunday, December 19, 2010

2010 - $58.37

Hey All.

If you're wondering what $58.37 is.. That's the amount of money made this year from my music sales.....

3 albums, 27 songs, 883 streams.... in 12 months... Pretty weak to say the least.

Is this the sign o' the times? Are people no longer buying music? Or is there simply no room for little fish in this over saturated market....

As I sit here sipping a cup of Peach tea in this cold & dirty apartment... I can't help but wonder... Why invest into this further? I haven't worked on 2035 for a few weeks due to health problems, and am wondering why I would even bother.....

Simple really... It's not about the money, never was...

Actually, I've mostly being taking 2035 slowly, since I really don't want to rush the process of making good music. My guitar chops are in good form, My guitars & tones are happenin', and it's all where it should be. Sadly though, musically, I'm not feeling that creative, and some of the tunes require allot more then fretboard prowess... Especially the more Middle Eastern pieces.

Also I've been working on getting my Duduk playing up to code, since I'd like to have 2035 be as flawless as possible. When I listen to Silent Echoes... I cringe... All the things I could have done better. With Failure To Adjust, the outcome was far closer to what I wanted, and there were very few things I felt unhappy with... so 2035 (which is not really a Dreamfullofzen album but more of a project), has to be a cut above all that.

I'm gunning to have it all wrapped up within the early part of 2011, as for the release though, well, I'm going to hold off, since I really want to make sure the albums probably promoted, something which I've neglected in the past.

Till then, Happy Holidays, Be good...

DFZ

No comments: