Thursday, March 27, 2008

Friday morning blues

well, it's 3 am as usual, i'm workin, and Friday is upon us. Like most artistically inclined people, sleep doesn't mean much to me, and i find that i am at my best during the hours that most normal people sleep in.

It's not a nocturnal thing (unless i was a vamp in a former life?), i'm just a night person..... or in this case early morning person..... hmm.... dunno.

Anyways, my "work" machine is busy rendering, so i thought i'd blog and kill some time. I've been focusing more and finding more direction... music wise i've been looking to open new doors and horizons for myself to keep growing and improving. One thing i'm definately going to do is get my old uber strat sent here, and rip out the frets from the board, fill the gaps (like jaco) and turn it into a frettless...

I've been wanting to play frettless for some times now, but ultimately i didn't see the justification in buying a guitar which i may or may not end up playing, and would probably struggle to sell on if i didn't take to it. This is cool because if i don't like the frettless thing, i can just change out the neck for a normal one.

With my new weapon, i can start playing all those insanely cool sounding micro tones which are a fundamental part of non-western music, and incorporate that into my style. I definately want to use more of that on my 2035 project... an interesting blend of ethnic, electronic, and industrial progressive ideas.

That and there's the vocal follow up to Silent Echoes, which i've already started work on. For me doing all this stuff, well, that's what it's about i guess.. it's one of the few things that gives me joy in life.. well, more purpose then joy.

Anyways, i'm ranting on. I'll have more interesting things to blog about in the next few days.

No comments: